Emacspeak Speech overbuffering

Hello, T.V. and listers!
I don't know where this problem comes from, so please excuse me if I
pick the wrong source for blaming, grin.
I noticed that when Emacspeak is given a long fragment of speech to
speak, it becomes practically impossible to stop it then. Whatever I
do, the Emacspeak won't give up until it finishes up speaking its
buffer. Supposedly, the c-e c-s should restart the server, but this
doesn't always hapen. Let me add that I am using Emacspeak12.0 and
Emacspeak-ss1.7 on RedHat with DoubleTalk LT that has latest ROM
revision.

Any suggestions welcome!
Vic