Re: Emacspeak, Open Source Software, Free Software And Blind Users

Hi all,

<smile>  Well, now Gary, I agree with everything you say except for
one thing.  That's the debate about language.  I agree that jargon is
not helpful when used with lay people, of whatever profession.
However, if there is an english equivalent that will serve, then
fine.  I guess I have always been against using baby names for
things.  Call things what they are.  If you have a child, IMO, you
don't say peepee when you mean pee, you just say pee.

But I suppose that there are some people who agree with you.  I don't
know anything about how FTP works, I just know it does.  I don't need
to know how it works, only that I need to call it that so people know
what I'm talking about.  If you maintain that fetch file works, maybe
it does, but...  Again, I'm against jargon for jargon's sake, but when
you need to talk about something and the only common terminology is
FTP...

Anyway, everything else sounds just great!  I'm looking forward to the
results of all your work.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons:  email:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxx
evoice:  2440477     ICQ Number:  33006854