need setup help..

Is anybody using Suse Linux 7.0 and emacspeak 13 ? I wanted to install it for a nearly blind friend ( at the moment she is using ( or is used by ) MS Windows, what a mess ). Normally I have no problems installing software or configurating linux but emacspeak doesn't speak to me. I got the error message "project speaker not running". The various tests are all working, mbrola with english and german support ( it should use german ) but I do not know where to search the error. I'll try it from scratch, but some hints would be fine.

Thank you for answering,
Michael,
 Germany