From: Rob Hill [mailto:robhill@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 4:37 PM
To: emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Braillenote and Emacspeak

I use a Keynote Companion, with self-contained speech synthesis, for
work away from my PC, and Emacspeak when using my PC.  It is possible
to use the Companion as a remote terminal for the Linux shell,
connecting the two by a null modem cable; the Companion then gives
speech output to the shell, the use of Emacspeak then not being
necessary. But it is much easier to use Emacspeak and a software
speech synthesizer when using the PC.  I'm not familiar with the
Braillenote, and don't know
whether this relates to your situationI understand that there is no
Linux driver at present for the Keynote synthesizer. .

Rob Hill