Sound card recommendations

I got a SBLive recently and like it a lot.
It does not support midi under Linux --but that is no big
loss
since it can mix 32 channels of wave audio.
This means that you can use Viavoice, play realaudio and
still get auditory icons.

The card is also full duplex under Linux so you can use
speech input and output simultaneously.

    tcross> Hi Folks, I've decided its time to upgrade my
    tcross> sound card to one which has built-in midi
    tcross> support. At present I'm using an ess170 card
    tcross> which is quite OK, but does not have built-in
    tcross> midi so I can't have any audio icons (as I'm
    tcross> using ViaVoice).

    tcross> I would like to ask if anyone has any
    tcross> recommendations on a good sound card for Linux
    tcross> with built-in midi which works well on a PCI
    tcross> based system under linux. If you have no
    tcross> recommendations, I would also like to hear about
    tcross> any cards to stay away from because either they
    tcross> don't have good support under Linux or don't
    tcross> work well with viavoice etc.

    tcross> Thanks

    tcross> Tim

    tcross> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
    tcross> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    tcross> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject
    tcross> of "unsubscribe" or "help"

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc