Reading continuously

Hi all,

I have been looking in the docs to see if there is a way to read
continuously, as in a large document.  I have come into possession of
several etexts and I want to read them continuously, but I want to
stop and restart the reading.  These are long books that require
stopping in the middle.  Is there a way to stop continuous reading,
and then go back to a given point within a file at a later date, pick
up the reading and continue on?  I found this paragraph in the
emacspeak docs for 14, but it is unclear as to what to type when
prompted.  Can anybody explain this?

Here is the stuff I was reading.  I hope this isn't a dumb question.
I am reading the documentation, but I don't understand what I am
reading.

** emacspeak-speak-continuously	Key Sequence: control e RETURN

Speak a buffer continuously.
First prompts using the minibuffer for the kind of action to perform after
speaking each chunk.
E.G.  speak a line at a time etc.
Speaking commences at current buffer position.
Pressing  C-g breaks out, leaving point on last chunk that was spoken.
 Any other key continues to speak the buffer.

In short folks, I want something that will behave like Readit.  I want
to be able to read long files in Linux and I want to stop and start
and be able to go back to where I was.  Please help.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxx 			ICQ Number:  33006854