Re: Process speaker not running

Jason

I found the problem to be stty redirection in file tts-lib.tcl
for the solaris settings.

I had been thrown off since "tcl <full path>dtk-exp"   worked but
it seems as if even though tcl works, emacspeak won't work.

Here is some dialog from tcl for those later who have this problem
(and see this email)

This is what the output from tcl looked like when it tcl worked
but emacspeak did not work:

tcl /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-exp
Set port to /dev/ttya
stdiosynth executable not found
                                %  (no return of the cursor here
                                    and exit does not reset terminal
                                    characteristics correctly)

This is what the output from tcl looked like with tcl worked and
emacspeak (subsequently) also worked:

tcl /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-exp
Set port to /dev/ttya
stdiosynth executable not found
%q {hi there. }; d
%exit

Thanks for the suggestions,
Hope this dialog above helps someone debug this later

Ron