Login Prompt and Dialin Question

 Hey Everyone,
    I finally got Emacspeak to work, yea! But I'm still having a few
problems.
1 I was wondering what file I have to configure to get a beep at the login
prompt. I have it setup for the shell after that, but no way of signaling
when it is time to login other than the drive stopping. Anyone know?

2 I have minicom working up to the dialup then it tries to start PPP I
believe and it drops. I've played with the scripts, but I'm missing something.
It dials in fine under xwindow. Any suggestions? What is everyone else using
to dial in with? WVDIAL doesn't support Red Hat 7.1 yet. That was the nicest
one I found.

Thanks for any help!
rog