I need a little help with auditory icons

Hi. I tried setting the variable I was given. It sets perfectly in my
.emacs file, but nothing happens. Do I need to do something to
stdiosynth? If so, what. My icons still don't play. The command M-x
emacspeak-play-all-icons simply reads the names of the icons, but
there's no sound. What else do I need to do? If there are any other
emacspeak variables I need to set, please let me know.

Thanks:

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,
Son of GOD,