Re: request for emacspeak installation instructions on mandrake 7.2

Hi Aruni,

I've found that Mandrake is so install friendly, that it writes alot of stuff
that you don't need and have to hunt, find, eliminate, just to get emacspeak
and viavoice to work.
You really need RH, thats what most of the people on the list use, I believe.
And its the only one I have been able to get to work, though I have tried
Mandrake, SuSe, and the kitchen sink. If ViaVoice wasn't so proprietary, I
think the BLINUX project would already be bearing fruit with a simple single
install (and of course some tweaking).

 If you or a friend has DSL and a CD burner you can go to the following link
and download ISO images of most all the distributions, including RH 7.1.  The
download will still take 3-5 hours per disk, and there are two disks,
minimum, plus an optional power-tools disk.
 http://www.linuxiso.org/

 The Gnome Java stuff looks really promising!! I hope KDE follows suit as
well.

Peace In Troubled Times,
rog