Re: Problems with Viavoice.

Hi, Thomas:

There are two rpms that are not installed by Redhat's default installation
scripts which provide libraries needed by ViaVoice. Going the rpm route,
do an rpm -iv on the lesstif and tclx rpms. That should straighten things
out for you.

 On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Thomas Ward wrote:

> Hello. I just updated mmy laptop to Red Hat v7.2, but I can't get Emacspeak
> to talk to me at all.
> I've installed emacspeak 14 rpm, the Viavoice sdk rpm, and the Viavoice rtk
> rpm.
> In each case there were no errors in the dependancy check.
> Now, after doing that I compiled the Viavoice drivers, added the lines to
> /etc/profile, restarted and got exactly 0.
> Any help here? Any clues why this isn't working? Is Viavoice broken under
> 7.2?

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@xxxxxxxxxxx		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp