MPG123 module

Hi, listers and Raman!
I am not exactly sure how I can make use of the mpg123. el file. Of course,
I understand that I can get all those commands, like mpg123-speak-time, and
so on, but do I apply those to the playing stream? From what I know now, I
can get the .mp3 file playing within Dired by using the X and then typing
mpg123. BUt at this point Emacs does not respond at all until the file is
finished playing. I also tried to run mpg123 within a shell, but then, of
course, Emacspeak-mpg123 commands do not work at all.
Am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance,
Vic