Re: new member

Hi, Tamru. Have you picked out a distribution yet? Do you plan to use
software or hardware speech?

If you don't have any hardware synths you can use Emacspeak 15 with Viavoice
sdk/rtk. To get ViaVoice go to:

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/speech/

To get Emacspeak go to:

http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net

I use the Red Hat distribution of Linux, and they have many places to
download from.

http://www.redhat.com
ftp.redhat.com

If you do have hardware synth there is a Speakup version with speech built
in Red Hat at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org

Once we get you going with speech and a distribution we can get you hooked
up with midi players, mpg file players, cd players, and all that good stuff.