Re: audio cue

Hi. The way to connect to the internet using wvdial is like this.

1. split the original screen into two buffers with control-x 2
2. type the following sequence: alt-x when the system asks you for the
command, put in shell
3. When the shell prompt appears, enter wvdial and if the program is
properly configured, it will automatically initialize your modem and
begin the dial-up connection.
4. Instead of listening to all that stuff that the dialer prints out,
just switch over to the other buffer, that is, the second one of the
two that you have made. It will still be in the scratch buffer, so you
are free to use whatever applications you want. That's all.

I hope this is of some help. If not, please let me know and I will be
glad to help you with more.

Sincerely:

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,