Re: speech rate and key skipping problem

Dear friends,
My ViaVoiceTTK samples are  read with fast speech rate
(too fast to understand)
After much try I figure out that (I'm not an expert)
speech rate problem is with ViaVoice and nothing to do with Emacspeak!,
 also if I reduce the speech rate from Emacspeak ( to 2 or three counts)
I could hear it reading all keys.

Now, how to make my sound card  defaulting to mono?

if sound card is the problem, how I'm going to make sure
it is compatible to all these features required to install Emacspeak

Does this mean built in soundcards are not recommended
these days sound feature is built in with mother boards
what other alternatives or brand is recommended?

is there another way to reduce the speech rate?

I'm  new to Linux, Flite and things
somebody please help me

Thanks,
Shaji Mathew