Re: problem

Hi Jason. I tried running the speech server as root, and encountered the
same series of message as in my last post. I really am not sure what the
problem might be, considering that Speakup with my Dectalk express works
just fine on /dev/ttyS0. Unfortunately I can't offer to debug it, as I am
not familiar at all with the Lisp language, however it would be different
when it came to something like C, which I am pretty familiar with in terms
of syntax. Do you use something similar to Speakup besides Emacspeak and
Emacs to access the system? Or is Emacs and Emacspeak your only medium of
currently accessing the system through the Emacs shell? Thanks again!