Module code style question.

Raman,

I have a question about writing emacspeak modules and thought I'd send
it via the list in case others find the thread relevant.

I've noticed that in a few emacspeak modules variables are defined
which contain the regexp of the words to be voice-locked. This is very
similar (the same) as how many emacs modes are written except the
regexp represent the words to be font-locked in different faces.

What I was wondering is if it is better to define our own regexp for
the voice locking or would we be better off using the variables
representing the the different font-lock catagories in the mode we are
associating the module with.

For example, in the emacspeak-sql.el module I've been updating, there
are variables defined which contain regexps for things like sql
keywords, oracle built-in keywords etc which are then associated with
different voice personalities to provide the voice locking. In the
code to sql-mode itself, there are variables which contain almost
exactly the same regexps used for associating keywords with different
faces for font-locking.

I was thinking that using the sql mode regexps to do the voice locking
might be better than defining our own because this would mean that
when sql mode is updated with additional font-lock keywords, the
emacspeak mode would also use them in voice locking and this might
reduce maintenance in the future. However, being still a novice at
elisp and not yet knowing enough about the internals of emacspeak, I
was not sure if there are other issues to be considered I'm not aware
of.

Tim Cross					E-Mail: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
Analyst/Programmer                               Phone: 6773 3210
Applications Group			        Mobile: 0412 969193
University of New England
---
find / -iname microsoft -exec rm -rf {} \;