Emacspeak with Emacs21 on Mac PB G4-OSX

Any tips, specifically for software speech synth with and getting Emacspeak installed with Emacs21?

I am still trying to figure out what Apples "speech" options uses - I'm presuming software synth at the system level, which I don't think will be compatible with emacspeak.

Also betting I will have to build emacspeak from source in Darwin (FreeBSD/BSD) and make sure Emacs21 (which has an Aqua interface) will include emacspeak.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Charlie Mote