dtk-soft

the sluggishness is probably a debian issue as with the rest of the
problems in the past, at least I dont see it, and my home machine is a
400mhz celeron.

The softness of the volume is somethiing I reported  over a year ago
and is a known issue with the current set of voices they use.
Simplest fix for now may be to just create the auditory icon files
with the volume turned down so things match.

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
AIM: TVRaman
PGP:    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc