w3 installed and silent

Jude,

Exactly which version of w3 is the one you got from cs.indiana.edu? I
suspect it is not the latest CVS version - and I think you need this
to work with emacs 21 and emacspeak.

I think the CVS repositry for w3 is now at savanah.gnu.org. You also
need the url package from CVS at the same site.

Tim

 Jude> I installed the current version of w3 from cs.indiana.edu and
 Jude> tried to run it with emacspeak 17.0 and emacs 20.7.2.  This was
 Jude> after ./configure; make, make .emacs, and make install done in
 Jude> directory w3 created.  End results, w3 contacts cs.indiana.edu
 Jude> but doesn't display anything when run with a-xw3 in emacs.
 Jude> Only way I know it contacts cs.indiana.edu is I ran emacs and
 Jude> w3 under speakup to check on what was happening.  If I run
 Jude> emacspeak and then w3, I hear a message about top of buffer and
 Jude> hear a medium tone followed by a higher tone.  My .emacs file
 Jude> looks like this, and this is not root's .emacs file since I run
 Jude> emacspeak as a user.  cut here.

 Jude> (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmpexpress.net")
 Jude> gnus-posting-styles '((".*" (signature-file
 Jude> "~/.news-signature") (name "Jude DaShiell") (address
 Jude> "dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net") (Reply-to
 Jude> "dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net"))))

 Jude> ;;; Emacs/W3 Configuration (setq load-path (cons
 Jude> "/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp" load-path)) (condition-case
 Jude> () (require 'w3-auto "w3-auto") (error nil)) -- Jude
 Jude> <dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net>

 Jude> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 Jude> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Jude> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Jude> "unsubscribe" or "help"

--
Tim Cross