Re: emacspeak causes gnus not to work

   But, my .emacs file is not being ignored, so I don't understand why
   the .gnus file is so special?

When you start Emacspeak with the command `emacspeak', or something
linked to that command , you invoke the shell script that Emacspeak
puts into /usr/bin/emacspeak.  By default, that shell script loads
your .emacs file, but not your .gnus file.

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@xxxxxxxxxxx