Re: process speaker not running

I am slightly confused about the issue of
quality of the  flite voice:

Alvin thinks it is difficult to comprehend what is being said. Once the
rate is adjusted (C-e d r 150) the number can be anything near that
figure), I found the rendition quite good. My version of flite
(flite-1.2-release.tar.gz) had a 16k voice rather than the 8K that Tim
Cross writes about.

I agree that Festival voices are better butinstalling  Festival is a royal
pain.
Cheers.
Kalyan