dectalk or eflite?

Hi, I wanted to ask people for their opinion of
dectalk. I use eflite with a 16k (kal16) voice right
now. It is OK but is nowhere near as good at the voice
from the dectalk express demo from the fonix website.
I know people have complained about dectalk's response
time in some posts. Do people feel this is still a
problem? Are there any other problems with dectalk,
such as installation, or speaking indentations etc? I
use emacspeak for programming. I'm running RedHat 9.

Thanks very much,
Arsalan