[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
speechd-el 0.1 released -- Emacs speaks with Speach Dispatcher
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: speechd-el 0.1 released -- Emacs speaks with Speach Dispatcher
- From: Jan Buchal <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:59:31 +0100
- Organization: Brailcom, o.p.s.
- Resent-Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:10:59 -0500 (EST)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"hGKVWD.A.w0E.8b6q_"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.1002 (Gnus v5.10.2) Emacs/21.3 (gnu/linux)
speechd-el 0.1 released
The Brailcom organization is happy to announce that speechd-el 0.1 was released
* What is speechd-el?
speechd-el is an Emacs client to Speech Dispatcher, providing a
complex speech interface to Emacs, focused especially on (but not
limited to) the blind and visually impaired users. It allows the user
to work with Emacs without looking on the screen, using the speech
output produced by the synthesizers supported in Speech Dispatcher.
Key speechd-el features are:
- Automated speaking of most Emacs messages and actions, without
necessity to customize each particular Emacs function to make it
- Most built-in and external Emacs packages can produce speech output
immediately, without any special support.
- Almost no change of the standard Emacs behavior, no interference
with user settings.
- Highly configurable.
- Full cooperation with Speech Dispatcher.
- Small code size.
- Free Software, distributed under the GPL.
Part of the speechd-el package is an Elisp library for communication
with Speech Dispatcher, allowing you to write your own Emacs speech
output extensions and your own Emacs interfaces to Speech Dispatcher.
* Where to get it?
You can get the distribution tarball of the released version from
The home page of the project is http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd-el .
Tel: (00420) 224921679
Mob: (00420) 608023021
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search