Emacspeak, gnus and bbdb.

Actually, I've observed the same thing. However, I don't think bbdb
has anything to do with it and I've not tried without emacspeak
running. I noticed this behavior after upgrading to gnus 5.10.6 I did
not observe this behavior with the version of gnus which coems with
emacs 21.3.

I only use bbdb with vm and do not have gnus configured to use bbdb. I
thought it must have just been a change in how keys are bound with the
new version of gnus and have'nt bothered trying to track it down.

I'm running on Debian's sarge distribution (aka testing).

Tim

 T> follows this line--

 T> I do not see this behavior on the current version of emacspeak and
 T> given that emacspeak-gnus hasn't changed much in a while, I'd be
 T> very surprized if the behavior you report was present and got
 T> fixed at some point.

 Sergei> Hello, list!  I run emacs 21.2, bbdb 2.35 and gnus 5.9.

 Sergei> My problem is that while in *article* buffer, most of the
 Sergei> keybindings stop working when bbdb is loaded. I tried several
 Sergei> versions of emacs/gnus/bbdb but suddenly discovered that the
 Sergei> root of the problem was with emacspeak. When i install debian
 Sergei> on my box i install emacspeak 15.3 (which is part of the
 Sergei> official debian woody distribution) and noticed that the
 Sergei> problem disappeared. After upgrading to a newer version of
 Sergei> emacspeak, that problem went back. I tried all version from
 Sergei> 17 through 19, but the problem is present in all those
 Sergei> versions accept for 15.3.

 Sergei> The problem is that keys such `n', `q' etc, don't work in
 Sergei> *article* buffer (though they still work while in *summary*
 Sergei> or *group* buffer)).  I got no error messages eccept "no
 Sergei> command on this key".

 Sergei> So my question is, if anyone else hav similar problem and how
 Sergei> can it be solved.

 Sergei> With best wishes,

 Sergei> Sergei.

 Sergei> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 Sergei> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Sergei> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Sergei> "unsubscribe" or "help"