Re: progress update

Gilles,
  Thanks very much for the GCC tip. Has the ANSI standard been modified so that character strings spanning more than one line are now invalid? Regardless of the strange behavior of GCC 3.3, I have now gotten the software dectalk speech server recompiled and installed. Now I'm off to get Alsa up and running, but since that's not appropriate here, I'll sign off now. Thanks everyone for your help.
Regards
Steve

On 3/12/2004 at 9:55 AM Gilles Casse wrote:

>Hi Stephen,
>
>Using gcc 3.3.3, the splitted strings are considered as errors. A solution
>is to merge the splitted strings in a single line.
>
>So for example, at lines 72 and 73, instead of:
>
>    Tcl_AppendResult(interp, "TTS: Could not find any
> wave devices\n", NULL);
>
>Place your cursor to the second line ' wave...' and press the backspace
>key to merge the two lines in one line:
>
>    Tcl_AppendResult(interp, "TTS: Could not find any wave devices\n",
>NULL);
>
>You will repeat this for the three following errors at lines:
>
>77 and 78
>82 and 83
>90 and 91
>
>Greetings,
>
>Gilles
>

>--
>Oralux http://oralux.org

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve@xxxxxxxxxxx-audio.net
MSN: steve@xxxxxxxxxxx-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net