Emacspeak And Software Dectalk

Hi,
I'm still learning emacspeak.  I started with via voice, which I
miss. I'm currently experimenting with flite and festival-mbrola.  It
appears that the software decktalk will be my next experiment as it
appears to offer better speech quality.

I would not like to see the decktalk support dropped, since it will
severely limit my options in my search for better voice quality.

It appears to me that the survival of emacspeak is linked to the
quality of the available speech synths.  Why take a step that limits
speech quality without having an alternative available?

so much for my two cents.
Marty