ViaVoice segmentation fault on RH 9.0

My experience with emcspeak 18.0 + festival + mbrola + patches
is rather not good ( some basic problems like: impossibility of
stoping speech immediatelly or reading whole page after pressing
PageDwn/PageUp keys with no possibility of stopping it )

I've read that emacspeak by default works with ViaVoice software
speech synthetizer, so as I could guess all the control function
would be implemented there.

I tried to istall it on my RH9.0

what I did:
1) rpm -i ViaVoice_TTS_rtk_5.1-1.2.i386.rpm
2) rpm-i --nodeps ViaVoice_TTS_sdk-5.1-1.2.i386.rpm
3) source /etc/profile
4) cd /usr/lib/ViaVoiceTTS/samples/cmdlinespeak/
5) ./cmdlinespeak "hallo"
Segmentation fault #:(((((((((

According to that I have some questions:
Did You have similar problems with that ?

Are there any other software speech synthetizers that work well
with emacspeak ?

greetings

pikpus