flite speaks too fast

Hallo
I'm trying to install eflite + flite + emacspeak

after compiling flite I run a speak test:
/bin/flite doc/alice

and it turns out that it speaks amazingly fast.
I had the same problem with festival.
I resolved it there by adding the init file:
./festival/lib/siteinit.scm to festival with the following contents:

(Parameter.set 'Duration_Stretch 2.0)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Method 'Audio_Command)
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "sox -t raw -sw -r $SR $FILE -c2 -t
ossdsp /dev/dsp")

I have a built in sound card (ac'97 or so ), and I don't know how
to solve this problem here :((

have Yo got any ideas ??

greetins
pikpus