Re: F 10 key

    KM> After reading your letter I opened the Emacs tutorial to see if
    KM> I could locate a description of F10 BY AUDIO. I gave up after 20
    KM> minutes. Ditto for the Emacs Manual.

Yes, Emacs is complicated, so it's important to learn how to use its
documentation system.  For instance, when you look for `menu' by isearch
in the Emacs Info documentation, already the third occurrence leads you
directly to the section containing the information.  You can even simply
invoke `m menu TAB' in the top of the Emacs Info manual and you get the
clue.  Also, `C-h a menu.*bar RET' gives you the result, though it's a
bit more difficult to find it in this case.

I don't say the idea of e.g. writing an appendix to the Emacs tutorial
explaining the features especially interesting to the blind users is
bad.  But it is more important to find a way to learn to use the Emacs
help system efficiently, which serves you all the time and better than
just learning some particular useful feature.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
If we are going to start removing packages because of the quality of the
software, wonderful.  I move to remove all traces of the travesty of editors,