RE: speech dispatcher

I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the festival interface
perhaps as I've got a 3g processor and a g of memory.  It's not the
emacspeak interface as such as the same slugishnes is seen with speakup and
speech-dispatcher as well.  I also tried using mbrola as the waveform synth
for festival and that is also sluggish.  I'll dig further.

One thing that the festival interface seems to do nicely is the capital
beeps.

Bart