Re: software dectalk problems on fedora core 3

don@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

 > Error: couldn't load file "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/software-dtk/tcldtk.so": libtcl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It can't find the tcl library. Try the following command:
locate libtcl.so.0
and if it finds that file, add the directory in which the library
resides to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, as in:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=directory:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

If you can't find that library file it would be better to compile
Emacspeak (including the DECTALK driver) from source code.

I don't use Fedora and thus can't help with the specifics of version
numbers or library locations. Other subscribers to this list will be
in a better position to assist with such details.