Re: update on speech server issue

Hi Chris,

Nothing obvious jumps out. However, here are a few things I would do -

1. Check the messages buffer for any errors when emacs loads the
   emacspeak files. It is possible this information may have scrolled
   out of the buffer if a lot of other packages are loaded after
   the messages buffer, either through customize or by a line like

(setq message-log-max 2048)

2. Although I think Raman removed the need to set TCL_PROGRAM, I'd set
   it and see if that makes a difference. e.g.

export TCL_PROGRAM=tcl

Assuming extended tcl is called tcl on your system.

3. In your earlier post, you indicated you tested the server with the
   line
tcl dtk-exp

   I would try doing it with the full path, just to make sure there
   isn't something funky happening with the path setting e.g.

tcl /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-exp

If none of that gives you any more clues, we will have to give it some
more thought!

regards,

Tim