Speech Server --Emacspeak 18 And Later

Aha! I'd put money on the problem being the script is not executable -
I know it will be something simple and the script not being executable
would explain everything, including why it works when run with an
explicit tcl call.

Raman, it would probably be worth changing the text in the Makefile
which describes how to test the server is working by explicitly
calling it outside of emacs to emphasise you need to have it
executable.

Tim