[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
install on debian sid
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: install on debian sid
- From: "Robert D. Crawford" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 25 Apr 2005 12:19:53 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:25:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <YNZXmC.A.AEH.tfSbCB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.4
I have installed emacspeak on debian sid and I am having a bit of a
problem. I did an apt-get of emacspeak and flite and the message I get
when I run emacspeak from the commandline is
Process speaker not running
Here is a bit of background:
I am currently using speechd-el but I can not make it do the things that
I need it to do.. I can not get it to read out to read characters like
period when I type them. or when they show up in docs There are others
but this a good example. The setup I have now is pretty functional, and
it is agood start but I need more.
I also can not get the auditory icons working. I have read the docs and
they do not seem to be helping. Another reason that I want to change to
emacspeak is the docs. They seem to be better written.
By the way, I went to read the mailinglist archive and the page seems to end the
archibe at 2003. Was I looking at the wrong page?
I have been using Linux for several years and am pretty familiar with
most things. I have been using debian for over a year, I am also
familiar with emacs, gnuus and w3m. I have only been blind for a few
months now and am not completely comfortable with it. I have a few
people that are helping me to get my computer working but thet are not
as familiar with Linux as I am.
If any more information is needed it can be provided.
Robert D. Crawford email@example.com
You have many friends and very few living enemies.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"