linearize-tables in w3m

Following the instructions on this page, I have attempted to get tables
linearized in w3m.

https://www.emacspeak.org/VCCS-archive/msg00103.html

Following the instructions gives no errors.  .  Everything seems to load
just fine.  The only problem I had in getting everything started was
that the instructions did not mention that you needed w3 started for the
emacspeak-w3-xslt-select .  After following the instructions, it still
does not fix the tables.

Is there anything in the instructions that is not included?

Thanks,

Denny