Software Speech

Title: Message
Hello

I have just installed emacspeak on my fc4 linux machine.  as I am new to emacspeak, I am slightly confused about what the best way to use software speech
is.  as I understand it, the ibm viavoice is no longer available, and totally out of date.  I have managed to get flite 1.2 and eflite working, but the
quality of speech leaves alot to be desired.  I have tried to set up emacspeak festival mbrola, efm-1.95-beta-rc01, but when I load it, emacs loads and
crashes.
What is the reckomended way of using emacspeak with software speech?

Many thanks

Alastair Irving
e-mail: alastairirving19@xxxxxxxxxxx
or