Re: [emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop] Browsing Sourceforge Download Servers

Hi Raman,

I like those Blog posting very much because as someone who is fairly
new to emacspeak they almost always teach me something new.

I encountered a proglem with the sourceforge download smart-URL. On the
page with the available downloads, 'C-d' is bound to 'delete-char' as
usual, so I do not know which function to invoke to start the actual
download process. I use w3 and the URL package both from the savannah
CVS.

Best regards, Lukas

T. V. Raman writes ("[emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop] Browsing Sourceforge Download Servers "):

...This brings
   up the index page for the project's download area, sorted by date.
   Move to the bottom of the page and hit b to move to the latest
   available download.

   The smart URL sets up the W3 buffer with a context-sensitive download
   function; when on a download link, hit C-d to start downloading. This
   command will prompt for the URL; rather than hitting return (which
   would bring you to the browse mirrors page, hit M-p to get the
   download URL for your SF mirror. Note that this wizard uses GNU wget
   to perform the download via Emacs module w3-wget.