Re: [emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop] Emacspeak And Voice Locking Using Aural CSS

"T. V. Raman" <noreply-comment@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This is slightly reformatted from what was posted to the Emacspeak mailing list as separate
> message.

Thanks for all the help and information.  I feel a bit relieved that I
won't have to write up a tutorial, since you have supplied all the
information that I would have, only more clearly and with less fluff.

I am also a bit sad.  I was looking forward to giving something back.  I
guess I'll have to find something else.

> Other Useful Commands
>
> In addition, commands emacspeak-wizards-generate-voice-sampler can be useful in generating a
> buffer that shows what the various ACSS settings sound like.

Highly useful!  I would like to add, for those who do not find this
obvious, that the same editing commands work in this buffer that work in
all other emacs buffers.  Therefore, it might be useful to re-arrange
the lines such that you can compare how one particular value changes
things.  What I learned is that:

Average pitch is the size of the person.  9 is a small, high-pitched
voice, 0 is Barry white.

Pitch range is how "exciting" the voice is.  0 is monotone, 9 gives
good, natural inflection to things like question marks.

Stress seems to add a bit of an edge, or a rasp to the voice.  To me,
this is the most subtle setting.

Richness seems to be volume.  The higher the number, the louder.

Again, thanks for all that you do.

rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Your best consolation is the hope that the things you failed to get weren't
really worth having.