error in gnus-cus

Hi Robert,
I don't remember what the default setting of
max-specpdl-size  is; but I had to change this once using customize,
if you look at the documentation you will At the moment it is 640 but
when I used 18 pt New Century Schoolbook as default font, I had to set
it to something around 2500. Otherwise emacs would not start!
You could fool around with it a little bit.
Cheers,
Kalyan
numbers than the default may be set safely.