Re: IBM ViaVoice and Alsa

On the viavoice/alsa side, everything is under our control, as
opposed to the OSS side.

Note that independent of whether the bug is in the ALSA layer or
the ViaVoice layer, the only thing preventing its fixing is the
sparse ALSA documentation.

On my  work desktop and laptop for instance, I can use ViaVoice
and mplayer simultaneously --- no problems. On my home machine I
can use a bunch of audio programs simultaneously -- but not
Viavoice with them.

Look at the buffer size numbers in  atcleci -- and also run aplay
with the -v flag to get a sense of the various numbers and
settings involved.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman