Re: Error: Could not load libibmeci.so

you mentioned earlier that you had gotten compile warnings. You
shouldn't be getting any, at least I dont.

I suggest recompiling  --  and trying from square 1, after making
sure you have the asoundrc file from the emacspeak directory
copied over to $HOME/.asoundrc

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman