Global dictionaries in ViaVoice

Before you do this, I would urge caution.

The TTS engine mispronouncing things is a good way to catch
typos.

emacspeak already lets you define buffer, file/directory and
mode-level pronunciations. You might find that mucking with the
global dictionary leaves you more confused than it's useful.

    Lukas> Hi all, according to the API reference [1], viavoice
    Lukas> supports various dictionaries to correct
    Lukas> pronounciation. I noticed there is a directory
    Lukas> /var/IBM/ibmtts/dict which is apparently for
    Lukas> dictionary files. I strace-ed the outloud script but
    Lukas> there was no attempt to access any files located
    Lukas> there. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the
    Lukas> dictionary files to use for example via an entry in
    Lukas> eci.ini. I can do it programmatically in atcleci.cpp
    Lukas> but using a potentially existing configuration option
    Lukas> would be easier. In general, is there any
    Lukas> documentation available on the supported settings in
    Lukas> eci.ini?
    Lukas>
    Lukas> Best regards, Lukas
    Lukas>
    Lukas> [1] http://www.wizzardsoftware.com/docs/tts.pdf

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/