[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
accessibility considerations before browsing a site with w3m.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: accessibility considerations before browsing a site with w3m.
- From: "krishnakant Mane" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:59:40 +0530
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=FjQ7dsXpfJTAqjSeP9tYkG1MelVZQy+PzUij3VqCJ9TWg9e06ql+94NIJBuka90uLjUxkNPhsajse5t4RLcw6jH09ii4Yb5nJmeH7BPX6qm9HJISt2N81IZhNvXFMozUKrmeTOcOvbwiMrCgNiVyEZZMFZKbijhXDYaDiZY0oks=
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 05:29:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <EpIKJD.A.By.Hy1LFB@mail>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
a couple of hours back I tried to access the ubuntu's ShipIt web site
to order ubuntu CDs for my clients.
the link is
I discovered that w3m could not read the page properly.
I could manage to log in with my username and password.
but after that there was only the first line saying "logged in as
Krishnakant" and then the copy write notice.
I can very well browse the site with internet explorer. this site is
running on zope and I am sure it was ment to be accessible from within
gnu/linux. there is no flash animation or any kind of extra ordinary
yet emacspeak and w3m can't read the page.
considering this case history, I will like to know, how do I make such
sites accessible to w3m and emacspeak?
and I still can't figure out how to know if the page has actually been
completely downloaded to the buffer. I have to only keep on checking
in the buffer, but that is a very odd process.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search