Re: how to associate documents in emacspeak?

   I will be interested to know if I can have emacs and thus emacspeak
   automatically open documents according to their associated modes?

You must have a terrible misconfiguration if it is not doing that.

Thus, when I find a find using Dired, a Texinfo source file comes up
in Texinfo mode and an HTML file comes up in HTML mode.  (Actually, I
use a different HTML mode, HTML Helper mode, which is not as good as
HTML mode but I keep it since I am more used to the bindings for the
older HTML Helper mode.  As a practical matter, I seldom use an HTML
mode since my compositions are in Texinfo.)

This configuration operates just like the Info description in

    (emacs)Choosing Modes

You go on to say

    ... when I am in the directory mode ... when I press enter on an
   html page, will it not be good that w3m opens that page and it
   becomes accessible right away?

Then define a key binding for browse-url-of-dired-file.  I would not
use RET since that is dired-advertised-find-file, which is simply an
alias for dired-find-file, which is bound to the `f' key.

   right now what I have to do is that when I want to read documents in
   html format, I have to first open w3m and press g for the url and type
   the path for the html page.

That is very bad.  When I am going someplace strange, I always use
w3m-goto-url (well, I never type out the whole command).

   when we want to make a point clear that emacspeak is absolutely
   user friendly,

If you cannot use w3m-goto-url, you must have a terrible
misconfiguration.  (I am not sure how you would learn about
browse-url-of-dired-file unless you use apropos.)  `w3m-goto-url' is
the function I use when I am not in an HTML file in W3M mode that
lists where I want to go.

(I am presuming you have read the documentation and found that the
w3m-goto-url command fails.  Please say that clearly, since you
sometimes give me the impression that you have not read the
documentation.  This is a communication's issue that can be dangerous
and invisible.  I am sure I have similarly invisible problems and hope
people will tell me about them.)

As for a Web browser home page: I specify one that lists the Web pages
that I most frequently want to visit.  Fewer than 10 percent of my
favorites are local.  All the rest are remote.  Most of these local
files are other Web browser pages that list favorites.  (I specify the
home page, one I wrote, in my .emacs file.)  On that page, since it is
clearly getting Web pages, not anything else, I can press RET
(w3m-view-this-url) to go to the Web page under the cursor.  This is a
standard Emacspeak W3M keybinding.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@xxxxxxxxxxx                         bob@xxxxxxxxxxx