how to associate documents in emacspeak?

I have written a mode to do this called txutils. The first version was
posted to this list a few weeks back. Based on some feedback, I have
re-written it so that it is more generalised and can be easily
extended to add support for new file types via emacs' customize mode.

I haven't completed testing, but expect to within the next week or so
and will post the new version to the list once it is done.

Tim

krishnakant Mane writes:
 > hello,
 > I will be interested to know if I can have emacs and thus emacspeak
 > automatically open documents according to their associated modes?
 > like for example when I am in the directory mode and browsing files
 > and folders, when I press enter on an html page, will it not be good
 > that w3m opens that page and it becomes accessible right away?
 > right now what I have to do is that when I want to read documents in
 > html format, I have to first open w3m and press g for the url and type
 > the path for the html page.
 > when I use jaws for windows as an example, I just press enter on any
 > html document and it opens in the internet explorer.
 > when we want to make a point clear that emacspeak is absolutely user
 > friendly, such small things make a big difference when we call it user
 > friendly.
 > thanks.
 > Krishnakant.

Tim Cross
tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.