[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

defining dictionary entries

Hi,

I have just started using the emacspeak pronounce features (C-e M-d).

I am reading the e-text of "Moby Dick"  and I wanted to change the way
it was saying "Ahab".  I defined "Ahab" as "Ayhab".

Are other folks using this?  (If not I should probably just send this
to Raman.)

Anyway, when once I define a word and invoke the dictioary, that word
is pronounced as I asked, but it is read in a different voice than the
surrounding text.  Is there an easy way to tell it not to read the new
pronunciation in a differnt voice but use whatever voice is current?

Perhaps I am defing the words incorrectly,  would anyone like to
submit a few examples?

Thanks,

Greg Priest-Dorman