[Prev][Next][Index][Thread][Search]

Re: emacspeak port to windoze 95?

Raman wrote:
>> You'll need to write a speech server for Win95 --analogous to what
>> the TCL script dtk-exp does under UNIX. This done you should be
>> able to use emacspeak on Win95.

Actually, there might be an adequate port of TCL to Win95.  I don't
know whether Win95 is close enough to a real operating system to
permit that good a port, though.

>What about porting the C driver writen by Jim Van Zandt
><jrv@xxxxxxxxxxx>?  If you know C that might be a good place to
>start.

My driver depends on Unix features too.  Again, Win95 might be close enough.

>By the way, that would probably be a good thing to put in "contrib" -
>Jim, would you send me a copy?

Please get it from ftp://leb.net/pub/blinux/

                             - Jim Van Zandt