[Prev][Date Next][Index][Thread][Search]

list changes and service interuptions

Hi folks,

On a serious note, two things will be happening in the next few weeks
to the list and archive I want to let you know about.

First, I will be "freezing" the pre 1998 archive of messages and
starting a new one for the new year.  I am finding the number of
messages to be large enough that loading the archive is slow.  So I think
this is a good idea.  All messages will still be available via the
web, it's just that there will be a pre 1998 section of messages and a
1998 section.

Second, The system that the emacspeak mailing list (and the web
archive of the list) is run from will be undergoing some upgrades,
mantainance and changes over the next few weeks.  Except for one or
two brief interuptions, mail and web should be up the whole time.
(Note use of the word "should").

If you experiance any problmes of like "cs.vassar.edu is down" (or
www.cs.vassar.edu in the case of the web) that is because of the
upgrades.  These intruptions will be as brief as possible.

Thanks,

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman