Re: newbie

SONAR based on Manjaro and VINUX based on Ububtu are both Linux operating systems that speak during installation and are specifically designed for blind users.

I am using Manjaro as I did not know about Sonar, I still have sime sight.

Gilles of http://oralux.org which sells Outloud or Voxin or IBM TTS has a scrip which perfectly installs emacspeak, but you have to bux a copy of Voxin/Outloud/IBM TTS but it cost about $5.00 which is very affordable and I like the Outloud voices.

Manjaro is Arch Linux and has a script that automates all of the editing of configuration settings, and automatically installs video, Ethernet and WiFI drivers.  I find it a very satisfactory  system, newbies seem to do well with it also.

David Ring
Green Harbir, MA